The map delineates allied occupation zones in Germany and Austria as they stood from 1945 until 1949, with the Russian zones pink, the American blue, the English yellow, and the French red-white-blue. To the east Poland is colored with pink stripes, presumably a reference to Russian occupation. Within Germany the occupation zones are subdivided into postal zones, indicated by large red numbers, and further subdivided into states and districts. An inset map at left lower shows the division of occupied Berlin.
The map was published in 1946 by Atlanta GmbH, a “Company for international advertising for industry, export and traffic” operating in Frankfurt, Berlin and other major cities. This is a scarce, large-scale version of a smaller and far more common map apparently sold at news stands.
Another version of the map was issued on a broadly-similar format but oriented horizontally and lacking the occupation zones in Austria.